Monday, October 12, 2009

Star polygons

I was surprised to find that class was cancelled today when I checked blackboard. It is that time of year for the nasty flu to be floating around! Feel better soon, Maria.

I have been exploring star polygons, which are in the activity approach book beginning on page 111. It took me a couple of tries to get the pattern down, but they are fun once you figure them out. It reminds me of the Spirograph toy. My son actually has one right now and we haven't even opened it yet! I checked on you tube for demonstrations of the star polygon, and I found this very cool presentation:



I downloaded inkscape and tried the same demo. I still have some work to do. I can't get the polygon to stay closed, so when I start drawing the lines they continue outside of the points. If anyone else decides to give it a try, let me know how it works out for you! I will try again later!

No comments: